Plymouth Art Weekender Crowdfunder
View by category
View by county
Image Credit: Rod Gonzalez
Lovers of art, community, and Plymouth we need YOUR help. Our crowdfunder to support Plymouth Art Weekender is now live.
Get yourself some tasty rewards from as little as £2.
We've got amazing limited edition prints from South West artists ready to be sent to you, so get in there quick!
This year Plymouth Art Weekender will take place on the 27/28/29th September 2019
Plymouth Art Weekender (PAW) is an artist-led DIY arts festival that takes over the whole city every September. Plymouth Art Weekender's exhibitions and events showcase a huge range and variety of artworks made by the creative community of Plymouth and the wider South West. PAW creates an important platform for the work of artists at all stages of their career to be promoted and supported as part of the same event - from school children & residents, to local art students, recent graduates and professional artists working in region, all the way up to big name art superstars! We do this to make sure that communities across Plymouth can come together to enjoy art, take part in activities and have new exciting, creative experiences.
What Your Money Will Help Us Do?
The money that your give will help us unlock extra funds from Arts Council England and Plymouth City Council, meaning we can deliver:
- A paid team of professionals to help our voluntary body in the coordination, production and marketing of the festival. This includes a public engagement role, meaning that communities from all over Plymouth will get better access to all of the events happening over the three days, as well as working with school groups around the city.
- Two £3k commissions for Southwest artists to produce works for the Weekender, supported by project partners Nudge Community Builders and Theatre Royal Plymouth.
- Two £500 SOUP seed funds, for artists needing help to get their ideas off the ground for PAW.
- Produce a fabulous print publication, listing all of the events across the three days with a map of event locations, and helpful information for audiences.
- Support for our online presence, meaning we can share and promote the work of all our artists, as well as our partners.
19 Feb 2018
Visual Arts South West is delighted to welcome three new members to its steering group: Zoe Li, Emily Bull and Lara Goodband.
Why the arts make us more employable, and why the creative industries are our international economic life-raft
05 Mar 2018
The Cultural Learning Alliance and The Edge Foundation have released Briefing Paper No. 2: Employability & Enterprise: Why the arts make us more employable, and why the creative industries are our international economic life-raft.
06 Apr 2018
Bristol-based Action Hero – the collaboration of live art and performance makers Gemma Paintin and James Stenhouse – have this week become an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) and announced their ethical working policy.
01 Jun 2018
Visual Arts South West is pleased to announce the appointment of two co-Chairs to its Steering Group, succeeding the outgoing Chair, Helen Legg, Director, Spike Island, who is taking up the role of Director at Tate Liverpool.
14 Jan 2019
DIY arts is a peer to peer network for people in Bristol who work in the cultural sector to share thinking, advocate our needs to funders and policy makers and support each other.
21 Dec 2018
The Holburne Museum and The Edge at the University of Bath have been awarded a three year grant from the John Ellerman Foundation to fund a new shared post of Contemporary Art Curator.
30 Jan 2019
Visual Arts South West (VASW) is pleased to announce the appointment of Paula Orrell to the role of Network Manager. Paula will take up the position in April 2019.
20 Sep 2019
Visual Arts South West invites artists, curators, arts organisations and audiences to gather for a day of discussions and learning.
04 Sep 2019
Arnolfini, Bristol’s international centre for contemporary art, and Arts Council England (ACE) today (4th September) announce a major new investment of £1.8 million until 2022.
11 Sep 2019
Keith Harrison to launch inaugural programme at new Southampton gallery.
11 Sep 2019
Download the latest version of the Future Proof programme ahead of the event.