Job Opportunity: Jamaica Street Artists
View by category
View by county
Deadline Wednesday 10 January 2018
Hours 15 hrs /week freelance
Interview Date 25 Jan 2018
Jamaica Street Artists are looking for a Studio Manager to take over the day-to-day management of the Studios and deliver our public events. The role requires an all-rounder: good with numbers and good with people, meticulous attention to detail and creative free-thinker, a self-motivated person good at working alone and in a team.
We are looking for a hard-working administrator, with excellent communication skills, knowledge of accounting, marketing, events management, building management and everything in between. You will have a knowledge of the Arts in Bristol, and be prepared to work independently alongside a large number of people. Above all, you will be good at problem solving and using your initiative.
This is a challenging and busy role, with the opportunity to become a key part of Bristol’s Arts community, and contribute to the cultural life of the city.
· Managing the Studios’ waiting list, induction of new studio holders.
· Communicating with studio holders.
· Regular meetings with Studio Directors, reps, with the whole studio group and the building landlords. Taking minutes.
· Building management including maintenance, managing the Studios’ cleaner, refuse collections, cleaning supplies.
· Strategic development of the organisation.
· Accounts management for the Studio with our accountant.
· Managing efficient rent payments, deposits, bill payments and invoicing, payment of business rates and insurance.
Event and exhibition management
· Planning and delivering the Studios’ public events including Open Studios (attracting over 1500 visitors over the weekend), a Christmas event and others.
· Gaining sponsors and finding venues.
· Managing studio holders, volunteers, security staff and other staff for events.
· Ensuring events contribute to the Studios’ fundraising needs.
· Ensuring smooth running of events.
Press and marketing
· Day-to-day promotion of the Studios and artists via social media.
· Event promotion.
· Preparation of a monthly email newsletter.
· Preparation and distribution of printed publicity material.
· Press releases and press articles.
· Excellent communication skills, written and in person
· Hard-working and efficient time management
· Project or organisation management experience
· Experience of marketing and publicity tools: Wordpress, mailchimp, twitter, facebook, instagram, website management, printed publicity
· Experience of managing budgets and accounts
· Knowledge of the Arts in Bristol and beyond
· Your own computer with word, excel etc.
· Experience of managing a small arts organisation
· Experience of building management
· Experience of delivering public art exhibitions and events
· Knowledge of health and safety requirements
· Knowledge of Photoshop and/or InDesign
· A driving license and car
The role is freelance, part time. The role is usually 15 hours a week, but can be more hours at busy times, and less hours at quiet times. £10.50/hr.
Occasional weekend and evening work required.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 10 January 2018.
Interviews: Thursday 25 January 2018.
Start date: asap
Please apply to email@example.com, including your cv and no more than 500 words detailing your experience, why you want the job and why you want to work with us.
31 Jul 2017
Submissions are now being accepted for Black Swan's prestigious Art Open.
11 Aug 2017
Film London, Arts Council England and The Fenton Arts Trust present the FLAMIN Fellowship, a major new development scheme for England’s early career artist filmmakers.
11 Aug 2017
New Approaches is a development programme supported by Creative Skillset.
21 Aug 2017
The Box, Plymouth (formerly the ‘Plymouth History Centre’) is an exciting large-scale cultural project designed to create a step change in the way Plymouth tells the story of its heritage and histories and that of the regions
04 Oct 2017
01 Nov 2017
Plymouth Arts Centre is inviting artists to apply for a lengthy residency from 20th of November until 18th March 2018 in the Batter Street studio.
20 Nov 2017
Hauser & Wirth Somerset seeks Assistant to Director. This position requires great attention to detail, organisation, discretion and a good understanding of the gallery world. You will be immaculately presented and personable.
29 Nov 2017
Visual Arts South West are very pleased to support FLAM 2018 by offering two £100 bursaries.
06 Dec 2017
Visual Arts South West (VASW) is currently seeking new steering group members to support and steer the direction and development of its programme and Strategic Framework. We are particularly interested in artists, independent arts producers and arts professionals working across all levels of experience in the South West.