Drawing School Co-ordinator - Maternity Cover
View by category
View by county
Deadline Monday 18 September 2017
Salary £21,500 pro rata
Hours Full time, term time only
Interview Date 20/09/18
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Programme and Budget responsibilities
- Co-ordinate existing Drawing School weekday programme logistics, to include courses, workshops, evening classes, and holidays abroad, liaising with the Facilities, Front of House and any other relevant departments where appropriate
- Logistical coordination of offsite classes, building positive working relationships with external organisations.
- Prepare and collate paperwork, including registers, evaluations, photo consent forms, hand-out and student information forms for weekday and weekend classes
- Maintain Drawing School calendar and other relevant calendars on outlook
• Monitor, purchase and store materials and equipment in line with budget expenditure, keeping records of all purchases according to internal procedures
• Produce termly financial reports
• Produce weekend programming forms for Studio Assistant and Front of House
• Supply images for future publicity material
- Support tutors in set up and pack down of weekday classes
- Undertake studio technician, cleaning and organisation duties as and when appropriate
- Adhere at all times to all Health & Safety policies, ensuring that tutors are fully trained and following procedures. Complete risk assessments with support from Facilities Manager where appropriate
Bookings and Marketing
- Monitor uptake of courses and waiting lists, and oversee all online booking issues, with support from Digital Marketing Manager and Front of House Manager.
- Act as point of contact for the public, answering queries from new and existing public students via phone, email or in person about courses, concessions and events weekday / weekend. Advocate classes and identify most appropriate classes for prospective students according to personal need
- Authorise refunds/transfers in accordance with RWA Drawing School’s policies, and administrate with support from Front of House and Finance team
- Liaise with Marketing team to ensure that programme content for the website is up to date and correct.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure that posters of forthcoming workshops and courses are prepared and displayed throughout the Academy and that there are proactive marketing campaigns to ensure optimum course bookings
- Create and maintain photographic archive recording onsite and offsite activity, ensuring that these are also potentially suitable for use in publicity material
- Maintain a database for models
- Oversee the work of approximately 30 freelance tutors highlighting to the Head of Finance any issues, concerns or support requirements
- Induct new tutors
- Ensure invoices are signed off in a timely manner for Finance to process
- Chair end of term meetings with tutors to review previous term’s activity and prepare and circulate minutes
- Produce 3-4 monthly rotas for models, organise replacement if a model cancels, appoint and induct new models, and through liaison with the Finance Assistant, manage the payment of models in accordance with financial procedures
Oversee the work of Studio Assistant and volunteers where appropriate
20 Aug 2018
Submissions are now being accepted for Black Swan's prestigious Art Open. The competition welcomes original works from artists of all professions and disciplines who can submit work in any medium and in any size.
19 Sep 2018
Truth or DARE is an invitation for artists to come together, share their work, push boundaries and learn from each other through an exciting and challenging dialogue around socially engaged practice.